Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can someone go to jail for false accusation?

I am recently divorced and my ex wife has been harrassing me and my family constantly. Recently, she came to my house and told me father she wanted to take my grandmothers dog to take him a bath and what-not. It was 3 days and she had not brought the dog back. Upon calling her she stated we needed to give her $1000 for vet bills or we will not get the dog back. I then when to her house to retrieve the dog. She then told me I needed to give her $100 or I won't get the dog. I told her I was not going to give her anything and she said she was not going to give me the dog. I then proceeded and called the police and she immediately gave me the dog back.





The following day she called the house and stated she called the human society stating my grandmother (97 years old) was going to jail because the dog was being abused, not being fed and had medical conditions and we were not taking care of him. My grandmother has not slept and hardly eaten and has been crying for a week straight. Today, Animal Control along with Cameras (Animal Police Show) came to my house and asked to see the dog. He stated there was a serious acusation about animal abuse to the dog and they are here to investigate. He demanded to see the dog and when I brought him out on a lease he said ';That's the dog?';. He stated the dog is healthy, active and seems extremely happy. The dog even ran up to the camera man and was playing with them and jumping on them.





I heard that I can charge her with false accusation and that she may face jail time do to a false report. Is this true and if it is how can I go forth and follow up on this. We are tired of her harrassing and showing up at the house and trying to get everyone here in trouble. PLEASE HELP! Thank You.Can someone go to jail for false accusation?
Yes, but you are going to have to prove that or you will be accused of false accusing her!Can someone go to jail for false accusation?
You could sue her for libel and slander, especially since a TV show came to your house and has caused your grandma so much stress. Id get an attorney for this one, or at least get a restraining order on the ex.





so sorry that happened to your family...how horrible.
there are so many things that she could be charged with but, it still has to be proven. seems like a good lawyer could tear the person apart. i say get a good lawyer and put an end to everything. it may cost a few bucks but in the probably worth it
I'm pretty sure that you can charge her for false accusatory claims... but you will need statements from the police confirming your side of the story before you can go before a judge.





Also, make sure you have pictures of the dog. If you have any voice messages of her harrassing you then keep records of them to show to the judge in court. You can get some sort of compensation for harassment if you can prove it!





Evidence is key. If her harassment has troubled a part of your life (job, relationships...) bring it up in court...








Good luck with whatever you choose to do.





***Did you try talking to your ex wife and try to reason with her. Try being extra extra nice... maybe she'll stop the harassing...

No comments:

Post a Comment