Wednesday, February 10, 2010

False Accusation From my Dentist?

My dentist of over 30 years has sent me a letter of a false accusation by sending me a certified letter telling me to find another dentist because the new dental hygienist that cleaned my teeth said that I told her I didn't like the way she cleaned my teeth. That is a lie. She was very rude %26amp; would not give me any water to rinse my mouth out as she cleaned my teeth. She wanted to know why I wanted water %26amp; I told her that I didn't like swallowing the crude. She told me that I have to ask for the water %26amp; I told her that I didn't have to with the other hygienist that use to cleaned my teeth %26amp; she said she was not her in a sharp matter. Then she said, ';well, I have cleaned a tooth,'; do you want some water in a smart way. I said no go on for awhile. Then she got angry because she told me I was not suppose to use a threader for my bridge %26amp; I told her that I had done that for over 40 years. She was the one with the attitude %26amp; I had to pay $115 to get my teeth cleaned only to get insulted. I can not get the dentist to call me %26amp; this is wrong that I have to find another dentist %26amp; have my file transferred to another dentist when I never said that she didn't clean my teeth right. Is there anything I can do about this or what should I do?False Accusation From my Dentist?
Wow she sounds really rude, I am a hygienist and I always have water ready for the patient before they sit down and I tell them before I start to let me know if they want to sit up for a rinse at any time. I also rinse their mouths for them if they are a bit of a heavier bleeder, so they don't have to taste or see the blood. And you are most certainly supposed to use a threader under your bridge, what does she expect you to do? She sounds like she doesn't know what she is doing. If I were you I would just look for a new dentist, you don't want to deal with her again anyway. I am surprised the dentist would send you that letter just based on what that hygienist said, there are always patients who prefer one hygienist over the other, most dentists don't ask a patient to leave over it. There must be some other reason for it, I say just forget him and find a better dentist.


EDIT: There is nothing you can do legally, a dentist has the right to refuse a patient for the reason he has (which he is saying is that ';you are rude/difficult';) it may not be true but you have no proof that it isn't and he has a hygienist who will say it is true. He will send/fax your files to the new dentist, but if you want you can just ask for copies of your file and xrays, I would do this, since then you get to read if they wrote anything bad about you in the file. Your new dentist really only needs your xrays. But it's nice to get a copy of your file.False Accusation From my Dentist?
Try to send a letter back explaining your side of the situation. If not, you can talk to someone who is higher up.





Perhaps the dental hygienist took your remarks as a way of saying that you didn't like her and thought that is what you meant. Maybe you somehow hurt her feelings by something you said? Maybe she misunderstood and thought you didn't want to cooperate?





Either way, if you don't want to go to a hygienist like that, then you can find another dental office where there are other hygienists.





If you want, you could also go to the dental office in person and show them the letter, ask them to further explain or share your side of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment