Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What can I do about a false accusation stopping me from seeing a relative in foster care?

I know this is long but I feel I need to give some information before I ask my questions.





The story is pretty much that..





Back when I was younger, say 14-16, I was known for getting myself in a good bit of trouble.


Around the same timeframe, I had a girlfriend with whom things were pretty miserable.





One day before school (on the bus) I was playing with a pocket knife and


accidentally cut my pointer finger. It wasn't bad, just a small 1/2 inch or so long.


... By the way, I had no ill intentions when I decided to bring this knife with me,


I was just dumb :).





Anyway, when I got to school a teacher noticed I had blood on my hand.


Not wanting to admit I'd brought a knife to school, I refused to tell them what happened.


Wow .. Didn't my math teacher just pull the dumbest assumption ever out of his ***.





He accused me of getting into a fight with my girlfriend before school!


The teacher told the principal her and I had been arguing and that we must have got into


it before school resulting in me beating her until I got bloody.





That was bullshit to be frank.


I've done alot of stupid things in my life but, I've never hit a girl, NEVER.


I later decided to tell them I'd cut my finger by accident.


OF course, this math teacher who ';loved'; me so much said he couldn't see a cut.


Asshole.





So, here I am, older and wiser.


Sadly, one of my younger brothers has decided to get himself into a good bit of trouble


which resulted with him being placed into foster care.





Him and I talked a few times after this had happened until one day his foster mother


said we couldn't speak to eachother anymore.





I guess children youth services told her about the supposed beating my math teacher made up.


I can't believe that these people are stopping me from talking to my brother because


a math teacher made an absent-minded assumption. There could be other reasons they don't


want me seeing or talking to my brother but, this has been the only ';reason'; I've been


made aware of.





Not only has this teacher made it so I can't see or talk to my brother but he's also


made it so I can't help him. I'm really disappointed because I'd planned on trying


to persuade my brother to stop his bad actions and let me help him get through his hard times.





........................





Now that you have the history, I've two questions:





1) Is there a way I could get the false information expunged from my record?





2) Also, is it possible to take legal action against my former math teacher and/or school?





........................





Any knowledgeable input would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get this situation resolved


as soon as possible.What can I do about a false accusation stopping me from seeing a relative in foster care?
if u didnt really do it its slandering ur name which idk what that is anymore in this kinda world but yea. . and yes after a certain number of yrs depending on the offense and state such as michigan u need up to 5 yrs as long as its not a conviction of up to life or u have been charged with the same crime twice. u should be good.


Good Luck if u see ur bro say yahoo said hi..


~AJ~What can I do about a false accusation stopping me from seeing a relative in foster care?
Your ';guess'; that the foster mom talked to children's services who talked to the teacher is just that -- a guess. If it never resulted in a conviction of a crime or anything like that, it is a wild guess that is quite unlikely. More likely is that there is something recent that leads to the foster parents keeping you away.
You can't ';expunge'; information from CPS reports. What you can do is contact the foster case worker. One CPS goal is to maintain family relationships, including contact with siblings, if there is no risk. So you have to sell yourself to the caseworker. There's no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment