Friday, February 12, 2010

Can I file a civil suit for libel or defamation based on false accusations causing me to get arrested?

My ex-girlfriend had me arrested for aggravated assault %26amp; domestic violence. (resulting from my refusal to marry her) I spent 2 day's in jail. I have secured a good attorney. The charges have been dropped to a 1st degree misdemeanor. After that she falsely accused me of violating a protective order I voluntarily signed. Yet Another false accusation, which was reveresed. We are confident the charges will eventually be dismissed after a lot of time and money. Can she keep playing the legal system? Do I have any recourse afterward? This is killing my family! Please advise thanks.Can I file a civil suit for libel or defamation based on false accusations causing me to get arrested?
I would discuss this with your ';good'; lawyer... they should have already been working on this problem. I would suggest finding another one who can handle the situation in its entirety.





Make sure you are NEVER alone with this woman again. Do not contact her for anything. Document EVERY call, message, and time you see her. Make notes of any other crazy things she has done.





People like this should be tossed in jail. If she accuses you of enough and of something bad enough and you can prove it was false she CAN be thrown in the slammer. You might want to point that out the next time you speak to her (as long as others are present!).Can I file a civil suit for libel or defamation based on false accusations causing me to get arrested?
Sure, you can sue her but you are going to need some proof if


you hope to win.
I would supeana the false reports in question. Study them carefully. Then file charges for making false statements to the police, caussing false inprisiment, filling false police reports, etc.... But talk to a lawer to cover all the points
Technically you can sue anyone for anything if you can prove your case.





If it was me, I think i'd file something-anything to get a paper trail started to help you in court. And I think I'd file a restraining order against her.

No comments:

Post a Comment