Monday, February 8, 2010

If pedophiles must register after prison, why not register mothers who make false accusations?

There are many, many cases of mothers making false allegations of sexual assault by the father against the children, during the divorce so that the mother can get custody and control of the family assets. Even after being convicted, these mothers continue to get custody.





Should mothers who are found guilty of false allegations be required to register with the police and have their data posted on a police web site - just as pedophiles do?If pedophiles must register after prison, why not register mothers who make false accusations?
feminists tend to be against ANY form of accountability for women's crimes... and of course, they have the political clout, so the guys in government cower in fear and refuse to make them responsible for their actions in order to please the feminist mindset.





Nice idea, I'd love to see it in action... but it won't come for the above reasons.





BTW, Optimus is right - paedophile (UK spelling) has been taken out of context and used as a replacement word for child molester, when it's original defintion was not of today's definition.If pedophiles must register after prison, why not register mothers who make false accusations?
No. This is dumb.





It is unlikely that these mothers are going to go out and repeatedly lie about this over and over once they have custody. It's a known fact that pedophiles will continue to abuse children.





I love that I can get on my computer and see who the sex offenders registered in my area are. The really creepy thing is that I live in a fairly small community and I actually KNOW a number of these folks, I know where they work and where they live and I see them around town. I am very grateful to have the database as a resource so I can avoid these people and know to treat them with the caution and distrust that they deserve.
Yes, that is a horrible thing, but if you're going to do that, you may as well make every criminal register.
False accusations are a terrible thing for sure. But you're not comparing apples to apples here. I doubt that a person that lies to get custody of their children poses the same kind of threat to society as a pedophile.
I'm a mom and a grandma and I TOTALLY agree with you. I NEVER would have done something so horrible to my ex-husband. I was a legal secretary when we divorced and my attorneys who were free to me said I should go after big time child support but I was NOT out to ruin his life.....so I didn't. His son is now 29 - we divorced when my son was 2 -- which made life a lot easier on everyone -- we got along which was positive for OUR child.


I don't know where you live but I'm in Manatee County Floirda....if you go under Manate County Clerk's office -- family law -- it states that if you falsley accuse a father of things, you could lose custody of your children. Go to your local clerk's office site -- there will be a family law area and there will be guidelines.....if this is about you. Women doing this are not thinking about the ';child'; at all and what is best for the child is what the court looks at -- ALWAYS....so just do not retaliate....get knowledge and you could win.
Personally, I think all who make false allegations of any crime should be listed. I have seen good men and women accused of things for another's gain too many times. And in the current atmosphere of suspicion many are using false accusations to gain.
that is a good point. i believe this should be done..but not to the fullest..i mean pedophiles do something cruel and the mother is getting something out of that cruel action. the pedophile should get punished just as much as the mother should
Really interesting point brought up here! My dad and his partner had a baby, and then split up. My dad's ex partner was really depressed and mentally ill, and refused to let my dad see his daughter for about 4 years. This meant that I couldn't build a relationship with my half sister either because I never saw her. That crazy woman made SO MANY absolutely horrific false allegations against my dad, and there were constant court battles. It ripped our family apart - my dad is a manic depressive himself and has had an awful life and this just made it so much worse. It was horrible for me too because I always felt in the middle of it all and I was exposed to lots of things I shouldn't've been at such a young age. Anyway, after being proved 100% innocent several times, my dad fought for regular meetings with his daughter, and now everything is settled. The court threatened my dad's ex partner with a prison sentence if she continued refusing to let my dad see his daughter. Despite her mum being a drug taking, drinking maniac, my sister is a lovely girl, and we both live with our dad at weekends.. she is 8 and I am 16. Basically the moral of the story is, women making these false allegations against men causes so much damage, and it is most of the time completely overlooked. The law gives women so much more sympathy and leeway.





I personally think that paedophile data should NOT be pulically posted. I think that women should just have the right to check if their boyfriend/partner/hudband is a paedophile. For this reason, I don't think women who make false allegations should be posted on the internet, I just think that laws and regulations should be put in place to prevent it happening, and there should be a punishment for it. There are punishments for being dishonest in court (Obstruction of justice etc) and I think this is the same thing. Paedophilia is a sensative issue for men, and false accusations of paedophilia really need to be addressed!
I believe that pedophiles (people who have an attraction to young bodies) should be treated with the same respect than homosexuals, transvestites, and heterosexual humans. If they keep it to their pants, they are just as good people as you and me. We shouldn't discriminate them over their sexual preference.


Pedophile is not the same as ';child molester';.





Oh, im sorry, im not a person.
The reason sex offenders have to register is because these types of offenders are more likely to continue committing their crimes than any other type of offender. If you're going to start having people register for other crimes in the same way sex offenders do, you should just make all criminals register.





Plus, in most cases, it's pretty difficult to prove that an allegation was actually false. A lack of evidence that the person being accused of the crime commited it is not in itself enough proof that the allegation was false.
how can you prove the allegation was false?
Any REAL mother wouldn't do that, but for the ones who do...they deserve to have their children taken away and full custody awarded to the father. Some women are just as sick as the pedophiles!!!
Sounds fair to me.
Sex offenders reoffend. Thats why there is a registry.








I personally don't know of any case where a mother has done this, but I have known that several sex offenders live in my neighborhood.
To what end?





Believe me when I say that I think any parent who would do that is...well, they don't deserve their kids, for one thing. Especially considering that the child has to go through a very painful examination for evidence to be gathered, not to mention the confusion, the humiliation...anyone that would do that to their child is beyond reprehensible. As for how wide spread it is, I've never seen any numbers on this.





However, the point of having pedophiles register, etc is to protect the community, since they have a very rate of re-offending. What would be the point in making a parent who does this ';register'; as a pedophile would have to? I agree that it's a horrible thing to do, but you're not making a whole lot of sense, here.
Well, punishing them is probably enough and the record will remain a while. A register though is crazy. I doubt men will consult a record to see if their future wife is going to go all crazy and make such an allegation when everything goes sour.


No-one wants to even think it. Paedophilia is also a mental aberration with a risk that offences might be committed, repeatedly.
Such histrionics! Calm down, there is no evidence to support what you say. Why not create a register of shop lifters too, while we're at it?





Hmmm.... how about a register of noisy neighbours? Now THAT would be a hit, lol!





Who else is in support of a register of noisy neighbours? Perhaps of people who let their dogs bark 24 hrs/day?





Q: Who HASN'T had to suffer noisy neighbours at some point?


A: Nobody.





Now that would at least be USEFUL.
no, life isnt fair
I'm not sure about the validity of the ';many, many'; statistic, but there are cases of this happening. Treating these women the same way sex offenders are treated would not be effective: these are different types of crimes, and a person who is a liar is not the same as a person who commits violent acts against others.
Are you one of them mothers???????????
You're absolutely right. Those women SHOULD have to register as some kind of offender.
False allegations are deplorable, but not nearly as much as pedophilia. Let's save the registries for those who need them. There's only so much money available for spending on registries.
not just as pedophiles do, but the police should keep some records that the woman made false accusations for future reference.
It is horrid that the women get away with this and ruin the lives of their children and children's father.





However if we did require this we would have to register everyone for everything. I feel that a sexual predator is much more dangerous than a greedy liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment