Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Work Harassment and false accusation?

I work in an medium size company. I am not very sociable but try to be nice and friendly to everyone. I am relatively more successful than my colleagues in company and there is kind of jealousy factor.


Today my Friend in human resource told me that some female colleague has complained that I touched her. Its nothing but lie as I never touch females until unless they r my partners.


My HR friend said that Company is very confident of me and they will not take any action but this will remain on my file.


I feel very angry and want to do everything to clear my name and am ready for punishment if found guilty.


What should I do? should Eave it as such as there is no action or fight till last min to find out who accused me and clear my name?Work Harassment and false accusation?
One thing is certain -- you will be suspecting each and every one of your female colleagues from now on unless you find out who it is who complained. It sounds as though your friend in HR was speaking off the record. It seems rather hard, therefore, that your file should contain this complaint. However, the alternative seems to be the bringing of disciplinary proceedings against you and there is no certainty that these would have the effect of clearing your name. It's probably best to let things be -- and avoid any physical contact even of the most casual kind with colleagues.Work Harassment and false accusation?
False accusations are a curse of mine..I too have been lied on. As a child was was accused so intensely that I admitted guilt so my accusers would leave me alone. I was scarred for life. Fight or Flight, it's hard to choose. I know. Document everything that happens concerning your accuser. Write down people who were there at the time. You must protect yourself for the future. It's to late for the past. That's a done deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment