Friday, February 12, 2010

I got fired from a job for a false accusation what can i do?

ok i worked at this call centre for almost 2 years and then one day i used the internet on the computer when i wasn't suppose to and i got let home early buy a supervisor the next day when i came back to work i was working for an hour and the owner came to me and told me he needed to speak to me and then he spoke with me and asked me about the incident with the internet so i told him i am sorry and it won't happen again and he told me that he is going to decide if they want to keep me or not so they let me go again early as i know i am suppose to get minimum 3 hours pay i didn't talk about it as i needed my job and id isn't want to get fired so then 4 days later they call me and tell me to come back to work and there going to tell me there decision and i go there i wait for like 30 mins for them to talk to me and then at last the owner comes n asks me do you really know y i suspended you? i am like y he is like you;ve been doing criminal activity some thing about taking a credit card number from customers and doing fraud with them and stuff i had no clue what he was talking about but why suspend me for a different reason and then fire me for a differnet you know it is kinda fishy what can i do about this help me pleaseI got fired from a job for a false accusation what can i do?
Maybe someone was using your computer without you knowing. The best thing to do is talk with a lawyer. Cause if you REALLY were doing all of that, they would have called the police. So my guess is they lied to just get you out without a hassle. But yeah, lawyer up and threaten lawsuit.I got fired from a job for a false accusation what can i do?
I don't know what state you're in. Some states, including CA, are ';at-will'; states which means you can be fired for any reason or no reason. If you can prove you were fired because you are in one of the categories protected by the Constitution, such as race or religion, you may be able to do something about it. Otherwise, you are out of luck.
As Fern said, if you live in an “at will” state, your employer can fire you at will, as long as the decision to fire you is not discriminatory.





A survey I saw awhile ago said the average employee of companies that provide internet access spend about one hour a day using the internet for personal matters. Many companies have tracking software to show how much time each employee spent on the internet, the times during which they were on line, and the sites they visited (lunchtime doesn’t count).





Maybe your employer wanted to make an example of you.





If you decide to sue, you will have a hard time finding a lawyer to take your case. You will also find it very difficult to find another job afterwards. Employers don’t want to hire applicants who have sued a previous employer.





Your best bet is to chalk this up to experience and find a new job.
Sounds like they got something mixed up. You were fired for using a company computer to go on the internet. Obviously, that was against their rules.





If you are in the US, most states allow you to be fired for anything or nothing. You will do better to put your efforts into finding a new job than suing your former employer. Even if you win your case, you won't get your job back.

No comments:

Post a Comment