Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do you correct a false accusation by a manager for something you never did?

I work at a bank, and occasionally, I go to other branches to cover when people are sick. Today, my boss (the branch manager) and the Head Teller called me in and accused me of asking someone (last Friday) how to do a certain procedure, and yet, I do not recall ever doing that certain procedure or transaction when I was at the other branch. Every time she (boss is a female) said it, I insisted multiple times that I do not remember ever doing that certain transaction. Finally, the boss saw that we were at an impasse and cannot agree. The reason is not because my boss refuses to accept my explanation (or at least, keep an open mind and give it some consideration) because she wanted to be hard headed. I repeated my statement multiple times that I do not remember ever doing such a transaction or asking such a question.





I printed out a history of my transaction for that day at that branch. I looked through it thoroughly three or four times and do not see that transaction. Even as I am writing this, to the absolute best of my abilities, I still do not recollect the transaction ever being done or the question ever being asked by me to others.





In any case, I have a print out of all of my transactions for that day ready to go which confirms my assertions, but how do I approach my branch manager with the evidence that will make her realize that she was wrong in accusing me? Any help would be appreciated.How do you correct a false accusation by a manager for something you never did?
It sounds like someone at the other branch is accusing you. As this whole situation seems to be somewhat emotional at this point, I suggest that you prepare a memo (always good to get your side in writing), saying that, as you stated during your meeting of such and such a date, you are unaware of ever performing the transaction and are attaching a print-out of all transactions for which you were responsible at that other branch. At the end, tell her that if she has any further questions regarding the matter, you would be happy to add any additional information she requests.





Once she has the print-out she can go back to whoever is accusing you and present the evidence which you supplied. This should be the end of it. You can only hope that once the matter is cleared up, she will notify you.How do you correct a false accusation by a manager for something you never did?
show her all your evidence, but remember, do not make a bad relationship between her and you.
  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment