Friday, February 12, 2010

Should I file a claim with the labor board for being fired from a false accusation?

I was fired from a child welfare agency . I was accused of not doing apartment checks in the transition living homes I work in. A female was found in one of the residents units on 9/12/2009 at 11:00 am. The resident when questioned stated the female enter on the over night shift where company is not allowed. I did not work on the 12th of September in which date the incident happened. My shift does not start until the 13th. I work 1am to 9am on Sunday and Monday's. When I tried to tell them this they would not listen. I beleive the real reason they fired me is because a water cooler was stolen, all staff members got written up for this and it said if it didn't show up by a certain date it would be deducted out of our pay checks (divided evenly). There was a staff meeting following the write up and when asked if we had any comments or questions I raised my hand and stated that I was not in aggreement with this money for the water cooler being taken out of my check because the thing came up missing during the week. I am a part time weekend worker. I work on Sunday and monday nigts from 1:00am to 9:00am. I was fired and they still took the money out of my check. Is it anything I can do about this?Should I file a claim with the labor board for being fired from a false accusation?
What state? Is this a private company with a state contract? Do you have a union? No matter the answer to these questions, the answer is 'yes'-- file a complaint. It is illegal to deduct such costs of doing business from an employees' checks. You have a right to complain about such conduct and they cannot retaliate against you for opposing such practices. You may also consider filing a complaint with the NLRB, especially if you tried to encourage others to object the boss' conduct-- it's protected concerted activity. If you already have a union, file a grievance. If you work for a public agency, this is a violation of your right to due process. Under any of these theories-- Labor Commissioner, NLRB, union grievance, government employer complaint process-- you should get your job back with back-pay unless they can show that they would have fired you anyway, despite your protected activity. Make sure you get your evidence in order-- I hope you can prove you weren't working the day of the incident.Should I file a claim with the labor board for being fired from a false accusation?
well , first of all , when you were being accused of theft , YOU .. should have called the police when... and ..at that moment AT WORK !!!!! you would have caused such a up stir , and a investigation, NOTHING would have happened to you , %26amp; you could have cleared your name with a polly graph ! and than you could have sued them ! now call your local D.A. if you want to fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment