Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I handle my reputation being damaged by a false accusation of stalking?

A woman I have known for many years and who is angry with me, has been telling people for over a year now, that I have been stalking her. I just found this out from a concerned friend. The main problem for me is that I am an artist in a very close knit field (in which she is also very active) and a rumor like this can be very damaging to me professionally. The fact of the matter is that I have never stalked this person. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this behavior and salvage my reputation? Is it worth talking to a lawyer? I really don't know what to do and I am very concerned.How do I handle my reputation being damaged by a false accusation of stalking?
Yes, a lawyer will be your best bet. Everyone else will tell you to ';just ignore it.'; I hope something positive will come from this.How do I handle my reputation being damaged by a false accusation of stalking?
That it defamation! you can seek legal action. If its not joking and its serious do something about it, no one has the right to spread crap like that around about you.





In law, defamation is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressively stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts arises where one person reveals information which is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. ';Unlike libel or slander, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy.';

No comments:

Post a Comment