Sunday, February 7, 2010

What can you do when somebody gets a restraining order off false accusations?

I dumped my fiance like 6 months ago and haven't answered her phone calls, e-mails, etc. Just completely cut her out of my life.


Well, I've been notified that she now has a restraining order against me. And she's made harrasment complaints. wtf? Is this meant to get my attention or is she trying to ruin my life? Does this show up on my record? What can I do?What can you do when somebody gets a restraining order off false accusations?
Your employer may be able to gain access to this information depending on what is disclosed as public information by the county court where she made the complaint. The case has been assigned a number and many courthouses are making information available to the public both online and at their sites. This IS NOT A CRIMINAL MATTER but more of a family/civil matter. You should appear at the next hearing to defend yourself and hopefully get the order dismissed. Your ex-fiance may also slowly be getting herself into trouble by making false reports to the police. Eventually this can come back to haunt her because filing a false police report is a crime not taken lightly.What can you do when somebody gets a restraining order off false accusations?
well...usually depends on the state. it does not go on your record there is a record of it at the court where it was filed ,but when your record is checked it wont show up. you will more than likely have to go to court when it expires this is what counts. she can try to have it extended but she needs some proof that youre threatening her and you also can state your case and provide your evidence to have it dismissed happens all the time no need to sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment