Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do you respond to false accusations convincingly?

Someone sceamed abuse at me.How do I clear my name of his/her lies?How do you respond to false accusations convincingly?
Ignore them. People will forget eventually.How do you respond to false accusations convincingly?
In general I take the high road and keep my mouth shut and gently touch my teeth to my tongue to keep it still as well. I'm serious.





Someone screamed abuse. The silence on your part allows the abusurdity on the other side to be that much clearer.





Clearning your name is not necessary unless there is some type of law that got broken that would land you in jail, or some such.





Take this situation as a great practice ground for standing in the awareness of the truth of what and who you are, without 'doing' anything. By the way, standing in your truth silently is very much 'doing' something, and far more powerful than anything you could physically 'do'.





This person has done this behavior before. It is not the first time. People are aware of that. God knows what's going on better than anyone in this situation.





Now, if it's work and might jeopardize your job, wait until you are called upon. They will have to hear your side eventually, so you needn't do anything until you are asked to explain your side of it.





When falsely accused I stand silent as Jesus did.





I speak from real-life experience. Three different times false accusations (and some were slanderous and libelous) were used on me in a hugely major way. The first time I was just a horribly wounded victimized innocent person and left the group that did this. The second time, in another place with different people, I defended myself hotly and in a distressed way and only compounded the confusion begun by the false accusers. The third time this type of insane behavior happened to me -again different scenario and people, I did not defend anything. But I did suggest to them very politely that if they wanted to take this to a legal level I was ready to pursue it to put it to rest in the community, but I hoped it would not come to that (it was that serious, I assure you - and I do not believe in taking a brother or sister believer into the court systems - it's not biblical - however, I was prepared to do so if that was their wish) - I neither attacked nor defended, I remained mute to all who spoke at me or to me about it. I simply said - NOTHING. When that silence from me was all they got, they stopped focusing on me and went elsewhere and played the same scenario out with someone else in the community. And that group is still doing it today. But the issue between them and me - dissolved (mind you, I was in constant prayer, myself, and on prayer lists, as well).





These things can really hurt your heart and confuse your mind when they happen. I make sure I own my own behavior, make it right if I've been out of line, but refuse to enter into a mine field of 'excited misery' drama. God's in charge and can move more quickly through a given situation with my mouth shut many times more than I can with foot in mouth. If God wants me to speak the right words always come out. Regardless of how those words are received.





Holding you and this in prayer right here and now:





Lord - Thank You for knowing this entire situation I'm lifting up before you now before I even pray about it, Thank You for easing hurt hearts and clearing confused minds so that only Your shining light shows the truth before all and so that Your peace that passes understanding reigns in all hearts to Your Glory - this is so and cannot be otherwise in and through the name nature and power of Christ amen and amen.
I ignore him/her. Really. What's the point? He/She was wrong. Eh, let the baby have his/her bottle.
Shotgun ?





No seriously, the best way to get the better of someone is not to shout or scream at them, it is to out-smart them, make them look and feel stupid and clear your name. They will not forget it and others will remember too.
plead guilty .
Ignore them. I once got accused of rape by a woman i'd never slept with. It was not a nice experience.
It all depend on the situation but I generally find that if you don't react and simply reply to any questions explaining your disappointment at being dragged down to this level of conduct.


This way, you are not putting yourself into the situation with this person and it's then up to them if they continue to harass you or simply leave it alone. If they keep harassing you, you will have done nothing that will allow them to say that you aggravated the situation.


Hopefully it will amount to nothing and people are just left with the image of this person being volatile to someone who is in no way aggressive. People who make a public spectacle such as you described are more than likely to have a pattern of disruptive behaviour and this is the very reason you should not be seen to encourage it nor to be involved in it.
Don't be so shallow and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment