Sunday, February 7, 2010

My housing association president is making false accusations what can I do?

She is sending me threatening letters stating that my dog is out and is being a nusance and it is completley false, I keep my dogs in the house. She has called the Sherrif on me on several occasions. Is there anything I can do?My housing association president is making false accusations what can I do?
I would call the sherrif to talk with him about what's going on. She can get in trouble for calling the police on you for something that's false. Also get a lawyer, chances are she's going to try to call animal control next.My housing association president is making false accusations what can I do?
Get with a lawyer. Have him check the rules of the association. Are there any clauses that refer to pets? Are just dogs mentioned or are cats also mentioned? Also, go to the association meeting and ask direct questions of the president. (like, why do you hate my dog? Are you trying to make me leave this area? Are you a animal hater?) You can also get with your friends in the community and get a pettion up to have the president removed from office.
Tell her to prove it. Pics, video, not witnesses she could drum up false ones...
If your dog is controlled in your own yard or your own house then you're fine. Discuss the problem with her rationally. Asking her if she is an animal hater or why she hates your dog will just escalate the problem into an arguement and gives no real solution to your problem. Tell this person that you too are concerned about dogs running loose and that is why you keep your dog indoors. Ask her to call you IMMEDIATELY when she sees your dog out of its fence so that you can come get it. Then when she calls you can explain that your dog is sitting right next to you on the sofa. INvite her over to come see for herself.





Perhaps she is seeing a dog and believes it to be yours when in reality it is a completely different animal. Ask he for a photo or even invite her to call animal control to pick the animal up. Just know that if you have trusted your dog to be inside your fence you might actually be at fault. I have seen dogs let themselves out of houses and fences, or jump over or under fences. They roam around for a while and then come right back. So be sure you truly are not at fault before you make a big issue of this.





If she fails to provide proof and continues harrassing you, I would ask the board to have her removed. You can also take legal action against her for harassment.





Keep records, save every piece of paper. Ask for proof and remember to stay calm and rational when dealing with this crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment